Alicia believes in a collaborative and compassionate approach with her clients, which promotes growth, healing, understanding and change. She finds that often we get “stuck” in life and through therapy we can find the support, understanding, enhanced skills, and confidence to make the desired changes.
Alicia obtained her Masters in Clinical Mental Health from Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. She is a registered member of the British Association of Psychotherapists and Counselors and an accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy.
She is also a National Certified Counselor in the USA and a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor in Georgia, USA. Alicia has worked in a variety of psychotherapy settings with a diverse population, including psychiatric and addictions hospitals, a university counseling center, a refugee center, and private practice. In addition to her private practice she is also a sessional therapist at Nightingale hospital in central London. She is currently pursuing her certification as a sex therapist and is enrolled at the Institute for Sexuality and Enlightenment in the USA.
Professional Qualifications and Membership Affiliations
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselors and Psychotherapists (BACP)Accredited Member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- National Certified Counselor, USA
- Licensed Association Professional Counselor, USA
- Member of the American Association of Sex Educators, Sex Counselors, and Sex Therapists (AASECT)
- Member of the American Counseling Association
- Member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapist (COSRT)